Goals of Acadience Reading Pre-K: PELI
PELI is a storybook-embedded assessment of essential pre-literacy and oral language skills needed for kindergarten. The PELI assessment measures:
- alphabet knowledge
- vocabulary and oral language
- phonological awareness
- listening comprehension
Why Use PELI?
For over 10 years PELI has undergone extensive research and development resulting in the final set of measures that exist today. The PELI assessment:
- helps teachers target instructional support
- helps early childhood programs identify curricular needs
- monitors the progress of students receiving additional, targeted instruction
- examines effectiveness at the program level
PELI Benchmark Goals and Composite Score
PELI benchmark goals are empirically derived, criterion-referenced target scores that represent adequate early literacy progress for students in preschool.