More Information About Our New Name
The same assessment you know and trust from the authors of DIBELS® 6th edition and DIBELS Next® is coming together with our entire family of assessments and educational tools under a new name: Acadience™
For more than 25 years, the original authors of DIBELS have researched and developed assessments and tools that help educators improve outcomes for students and schools. The family of assessments brought to you by Acadience Learning include screening and diagnostic reading assessments for grades K – 6 (DIBELS Next, DIBELS Survey, DIBELS Deep), early literacy assessment for preschool (PELI), content area reading for grades 7-9 (CARI), and math assessment for grades K-6 (DIBELS Math). Our new name, Acadience, brings all of our assessments into one comprehensive suite of educational tools.
- Q: Why are we changing our name?
- A: As the original authors of the DIBELS assessments, we have been at the forefront of research and development of assessments that help educators to improve outcomes for students and schools for over 25 years. Through our continued research and development at Acadience Learning over the past decade and a half, we have expanded far beyond the early literacy assessment for kindergarten and first grade we first offered. Our current family of assessments includes our screening and diagnostic reading assessments for grades K – 6 (DIBELS Next, DIBELS Survey, DIBELS Deep), early literacy assessment for preschool (PELI®), content area reading for grades 7-9 (CARI™), and math assessment for grades K-6 (DIBELS Math). Our new name, Acadience, brings all of our assessments into one comprehensive suite of educational tools.
- Q: Have the assessments changed?
- A: No, the assessments you know and are currently using will remain the same. The benchmark goals will stay the same and the scores will be interpreted in the same way. At this time, only the name is changing. If you have already downloaded materials as DIBELS Next, you may use them as they are fully compatible with Acadience Reading.
- Q: What if we use mCLASS DIBELS Next from Amplify or have already purchased DIBELS Next materials from Voyager Sopris Learning?
- A: You may continue to use your DIBELS Next materials from Amplify and/or Voyager Sopris Learning. The mCLASS and Voyager Sopris DIBELS Next materials are fully compatible with Acadience Reading. Amplify and Voyager Sopris Learning will continue to publish Acadience Reading materials under the DIBELS Next name for a transition period.
- Q: What about data management?
- A: Our data reporting service, DIBELSnet®, is now Acadience Data Management (acadiencelearning.net) and will continue to offer data management and reporting capabilities for the Acadience assessments. If you are currently using our DIBELSnet service, you do not need to do anything. Everything will continue to work as it has in the past. If you are not already using DIBELSnet, we invite you to transition to Acadience Data Management.
- Q: Is additional training required?
- A: No. The Acadience Reading assessments are the same as the DIBELS Next assessments, and if you have already been trained, you will not need additional training. Acadience Learning will continue to provide training and professional development for the full suite of Acadience assessments through our ongoing onsite and online workshops as well as regional and national training institutes.
- Q: How does Acadience Reading differ from DIBELS 8th Edition?
- A: Acadience Reading is the new name for the DIBELS Next assessments by the original authors of DIBELS. We are not affiliated with DIBELS 8th Edition, which is not a new version of DIBELS Next, and is not from the authors of DIBELS 6th Edition and DIBELS Next. DIBELS 8th Edition has not been researched, validated or endorsed by us.
- Q: What does all of this mean for you?
- A: You can continue to use the same assessment tools you know. You will continue to have access to the authors along with the customer support from Acadience Learning that you have come to know and trust. While we have a new name, our goal remains the same: to help you improve academic success for your students and schools.
- Q: Will the assessments change in the future?
- A: We will always continue to grow and improve with the ever-changing educational landscape, and look forward to many exciting enhancements down the road.
- Q: Will Acadience Reading be available for free download?
- A: Yes. DIBELS Next assessments are now Acadience Reading, and will remain available as a free download from Acadience Learning for the foreseeable future. Information about obtaining Acadience Reading is here.
- Q: We use mCLASS: DIBELS Next – What will change?
- A: You can continue to use mCLASS DIBELS Next as you do now. Amplify will continue to support DIBELS Next for a transition period. You are not required to change to DIBELS 8th Edition, as it is not the next version of DIBELS Next, and is not from the authors of DIBELS 6th Edition and DIBELS Next.
- Q: We just purchased materials, can we use them?
- A: Absolutely! The assessments are the same, just now named Acadience. Voyager Sopris Learning will continue to sell the assessments with the DIBELS Next name on them for a transition period.
- Q: Will this affect my mentor status? Do I need a new username or password for the mentor network?
- A: No, your Mentor status does not change. Your username and password will continue to work.
- Q: Will scores be calculated in the same way?
- A: Yes. All of the scores will still be calculated and interpreted in the same way.
- Q: Will the benchmark goals change?
- A: No. The benchmark goals and cut points for risk are not changing and can be found by clicking here, with the addition of our 'Above Benchmark' blue zone. The benchmark goals will remain available in reports from Acadience Data Management and mCLASS:DIBELS Next. The DIBELSnet data reporting service is now Acadience Data Management.
- Q: What will happen to my data in DIBELSnet?
- A: The DIBELSnet reporting service is now Acadience Data Management. All of your data will remain available under the new name.
- Q: Where did IDEL® go?
- A: Acadience Learning has sold the IDEL trademark and copyright. You may continue to enter your IDEL data into Acadience Data Management. We look forward to researching and developing an updated Spanish version of Acadience Reading in the future.
- Q: Is DIBELS Math still available?
- A: Absolutely! The DIBELS Math assessment is now Acadience Math.
- Q: How can I learn more about Acadience?
- A: More information about the Acadience suite of assessments is available at https://acadiencelearning.org
- Q: What does Acadience mean?
- A: Acadience is inspired by words that reflect our core values and vision: academic reflecting our dedication to success in a broader set of skills than just reading; cadence describing a flow of movement and series of steps leading to positive outcomes; and our commitment to the science of improving outcomes for students and schools.
Questions? We're here to help.
Call us at 888-943-1240 (Toll-Free) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.