Acadience™ Reading 7-9 Research Release
Announcing the 2019-2020 Acadience Reading 7-9 Research Release with Preliminary Benchmark Goals
Acadience Learning is excited to announce the continued research release of Acadience Reading 7-9 to research partners for the 2019-2020 school year. This formative assessment for students in grades 7-9 is directly aligned with the Common Core Standards in Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies.
Acadience Reading 7-9 is comprised of three measures: Maze, Silent Reading (SR), and Oral Reading (OR). Each Acadience Reading 7-9 measure includes a triad of three reading passages covering three different content areas (science, social studies, and prose ). Benchmark and progress monitoring materials are available for all measures. For a printer-friendly overview of Acadience Reading 7-9 with sample materials, download our fact sheet.
Preliminary benchmark goals are available for Acadience Reading 7-9. The benchmark goals guide gating procedures so that the group-administered, less time-intensive measures (Maze and Silent Reading) are given to more students and the individually administered, more time-intensive measure (Oral Reading) is administered to a small number of students, on an as-needed basis. In Gate 1, Maze is administered to all students. Based on the preliminary benchmark goals for Gate 1, the Classroom Report in Acadience Data Management identifies students who should enter Gate 2 and receive the SR measure. The Gate 2 score (an average of the weighted Maze and SR scores) will identify students that could benefit from entering Gate 3 and receiving the OR measure.
Preliminary system-wide norms are available for the Acadience Reading 7-9 Maze measure. For more information, download our System-Wide Percentile Ranks document.
Information from the 2019-2020 Research Release will help contribute to the further development of gating procedures and the final Acadience Reading 7-9 benchmark goals.
All 2019-2020 Acadience Reading 7-9 Research Release materials (including assessment materials and training videos) will be made available to confirmed sites as a free download through the Acadience Learning website. Participating sites will need to duplicate the testing materials.
Requirements for Using Acadience Reading 7-9
Sites that use the research release version of Acadience Reading 7-9 must complete the following:
- Send us a participation letter for the 2019-2020 school year. A template for the letter will be provided via email.
- Have anyone who will be administering the Acadience Reading 7-9 measures complete the free training.
- Distribute an information letter to parents.
Collect beginning-of-year, middle-of-year, and end-of-year assessment data and enter it into Acadience Learning’s data reporting system, Acadience Data Management. There is no cost for entering Acadience Reading 7-9 scores for the 2019-2020 school year. To sign up for Acadience Data Management, visit https://acadiencelearning.net/ and click on the purple "Sign Up" button in the lower right-hand corner.
If a site also decides to enter Acadience Reading K-6 or Acadience Math data into Acadience Data Management, the standard cost of $1 per student per year will apply for those students.
How to Sign Up for the 2019-2020
Acadience Reading 7-9 Research Release
If your school or district is new to Acadience Reading 7-9 and wishes to participate, please email email@example.com with the following information:
- The name of your school/district and the state in which you are located.
- The name and email address of the contact person in your agency who will receive communications about Acadience Reading 7-9.
- The approximate number of schools, grades, and students per grade who will be participating in the Acadience Reading 7-9 Research Release.
- The dates for the beginning and end of your school calendar.
- The approximate dates of your benchmark testing windows for beginning of year, middle of year, and end of year (e.g., September, January, May).
If your school or district participated in the Acadience Reading 7-9 Research Release in 2018-2019 and you wish to continue participating in 2019-2020, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- The dates for the beginning and end of your school calendar
- Your approximate benchmark testing dates for beginning of year, middle of year, and end of year (e.g., September, January, May).
This information is required in order to set up your Acadience Data Management account for Acadience Reading 7-9 data entry and reports. Sites will also need to send in a 2019-2020 Acadience Reading 7-9 participation letter.