Acadience Reading Research Opportunity
Study to Examine the Relationship between Acadience Reading K-6 and State-Required Assessments
Are you interested in examining the relationship between Acadience Reading K-6 and your district’s Common Core State Standards (CCSS) assessments? Acadience Learning, home of the Acadience family of assessments, is now accepting school districts to take part in a national study to compare Acadience Reading scores for 3rd-6th grade students to their results from state-required assessments aligned with the Common Core, such as PARCC and Smarter Balanced. This study will use Acadience Reading data from the 2018-2019 and/or the 2019-2020 school year and mandated state assessment data from the Spring of 2019 and/or Spring of 2020.
This study does not require any additional testing. It is intended for districts that are already administering Acadience Reading and a CCSS assessment. Participating districts must be users of the Acadience Data Management service. Other requirements for participation are below.
To Participate, Schools Agree to:
- Complete all subtests of the fall, winter, and spring Acadience Reading benchmark testing for the 2018-19 and/or the 2019-20 school year, for grades 3 to 6 (or any grades within that range).
- Administer the state-mandated CCSS assessment to the students within those grades.
- Print, distribute, and collect parental consent forms that will go home with students. Parents will need to sign and return the consent form for their child to participate in the study. Signed forms need to be returned to Acadience Learning, and will be kept in a locked file cabinet at Acadience Learning.
- Send your CCSS data to Acadience Learning after you receive it. Only send assessment data to Acadience Learning for students for whom parental permission has been obtained.
- Identify a local site coordinator to be the Acadience Learning contact person.
Acadience Learning will Provide:
- Student labels to put on consent forms that the district will distribute to parents.
- Return postage for parental consent forms.
- After CCSS data is provided to Acadience Learning, and the CCSS assessment agencies have released their proficiency levels, we will analyze the data in comparison to your Acadience Reading data, and produce a report through your Acadience Data Management account to compare the two.
- A free online training for up to 100 school personnel that includes downloadable handouts (https://www.acadiencetraining.org/).
Please note that while Acadience Data Management staff have access to student names, our data analysts and researchers will only receive Student ID numbers and not names. If research on this study is released or published, it will only reference project-wide analyses, and will not include any identifiable district, school, teacher, or student information.
To express interest in becoming a research partner for this study, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- The name of your school district and the state in which you are located.
- The name, email address, and phone number of the local site coordinator who will serve as the contact person.
- The approximate number of schools, grades, and students per grade who will be taking part in the study.
- The name of the Common Core-aligned assessment that your district is administering.