Updates for 2020-2021
Acadience Learning is excited to announce that as of August 2020, Acadience Reading 7–9 will become two separate assessments: Acadience Reading 7–8 and Acadience Reading: High School.
Acadience Reading 7–8 will be officially released for the 2020-2021 school year with assessment materials available for free download and finalized benchmark goals for 7th and 8th grade. In addition, the number of questions for Silent Reading will be reduced from 15 to 10. Acadience Data Management will continue to be free for Acadience Reading 7–8 for the 2020-2021 school year.
Goals of Acadience Reading 7–8
Acadience Reading 7–8 includes passage reading and comprehension measures that were developed specifically for higher grade levels. Acadience Reading 7–8:
- serves as universal screening
- provides gating procedures for more efficient testing
- can be used to monitor student progress
- passages cover content areas specific to instruction in grades 7–8
Advantages of Acadience Reading 7–8
Acadience Reading 7–8 extends benchmark testing into higher grade levels so that you can continue to track students and monitor the effectiveness of school systems through middle school. Acadience Reading 7–8:
- is group administered for benchmark screening
- designed for use in an outcomes-driven model of decision making
- provides measures of comprehension and reading fluency
- includes passages covering each major content area
- is aligned with Common Core State Standards
How to Get Acadience Reading 7–8
Acadience Reading 7–8, with assessment materials and final benchmark goals for 7th and 8th grade, will be officially released for the 2020-2021 school year. In August, materials will be made available for free via a download site.